Saturday, August 4, 2007

SHOE IS ON THE RIGHT FOOT

In a previous post (July 20th) I wrote that "most 'debate' now consists of an obligatory cliché one liner followed by a character assassination." This is most true with liberals. The response you'll get is one that basically says you should shut up and you don't count if you dare question their ideas or intent. There won't be a substantive argument on the rebound. No, no, no, you will literally get an obligatory cliché one liner followed by a character assassination. Something to discredit you based purely on emotion and name-calling rather than picking apart the essence of the argument you bring up.

Comments about my previous post (August 3rd), I was told that I sounded uneducated. Ouch. How dare I question Obamas way-out-there foreign policy ideas. Why did I sound uneducated? Well, I don't know actually. Nothing of substance was brought up. My arguments weren't picked apart and Obamas weren't defended. I was then told to stop reading Newsday and O'Reilly talking points to form my own opinions.

First, the last thing Newsday has is a right leaning bias. Anyone with a half brain can look at their editorial page for a few months and see it is left leaning. Which is fine, their circulation is down the tubes anyway; another indicator it is left leaning (NYT, LAT, BG, etc all down as well). Secondly, O'Reilly has not discussed Obamas foreign policy "ideas." If he hasn't discussed it, how could I steal his ideas? Lastly, I don't need O'Reilly or Limbaugh or even Hannity to tell me that invading Pakistan and taking nukes off the table is a bad idea. It's common sense (or at least I thought so).

So the obligatory one liner: YOUR TAKING O'REILLY TALKING POINTS!!!

The character assassination: YOU SOUND UNEDUCATED!!!

With no proof to back it up. Good day.

No comments: