Monday, August 6, 2007

APPARENTLY COOKING FOOD IS ABNORMAL NOW

Newsday, which I have been told is a right wing publication (note the sarcasm), posted this article in their Sunday edition entitled Raw Refined: Dining with foodies who don't cook but go gourmet. I have to give them credit though because as soon as I saw the title it had me very interested. I can sum up the articles message with one line said early on: "We were born to eat this way. We're the only life form on this planet that heats their food. We're only now starting to walk forward in the way we should eat."

Did you get that? We have devolved because we cook food. And don't think for a second there aren't some commy libs out there who would love to ban cooking food. I am willing to bet some of these wackos are. This, in turn, would lead to ultra veganism and having the kook (no pun intended) fringe animal rights people run the government. Not to mention to obvious global warming implications of heat and smoke going into the sky. But I digress.

"No longer just a fringe vegan diet featuring bland preparations of vegetables, fruits and nuts, the raw food movement has gone gourmet, tapping the same creativity that's revitalized mainstream cuisine." What is this writer talking about? Not cooking food and never eating any meat or products that comes from animals is as fringe as it gets! You don't find out until the very end of the article that there is one actual raw restaurant in Manhattan and the raw food group the writer is talking about has only 60 members. Doesn't really sound like "the movement" has taken off, eh?

I also have to object to the writer using the phrase "raw foodies" throughout the article (used five times, 6 including the title). All she is trying to do is make this weirdo group sound hip so maybe you'll want to be apart of their 60's leftover, pot smoking, pimple-faced fun. Now, let me be clear that I don't give a rats ass what these kooks do, so long as they don't start forcing me to eat the way they do, or make me feel guilty because I eat meat. As long as I can make fun of how ridiculous they are and how the writer of this article is trying to marginalize them, I'll be good.


Bermuda for a week. Have a good one!

No comments: