Thursday, July 5, 2007

WHATS SO GREAT ABOUT AMERICA

This is the first post; where I begin to cut myself open for all to see what I think about varying social and political issues. This gets me thinking about America, and being Independence Day just passed, there is no better time than now to say what is so great about this county:

  • I can say what I want, when I want to.
  • I can travel from coast to coast, border to (lack of) border and not have to worry about finding a gas station, food, or rest stops.
  • My life is the envy of the world.
  • A good meal is never more than a minute away.
  • The traditions and institutions that helped the country prosper and grow.
  • Being able to defend those traditions and institutions that are under attack.
  • Talk radio.
  • Living in a country that cleans the world, clothes the world, feeds, and frees the world. And even after getting little credit for doing so, continuing to fight on.
  • The choices we have from food to drinks, entertainment and stores. It is never-ending.
  • The flag; it is optimistic and inspiring.
  • Marveling at the inventions and progress of American ingenuity through a can do spirit, optimism, and rugged entrepreneurship, all of which available because of the freedoms available to us.

This is a short list. I could go on all day. But even with all the flaws and scars of the past, I always return to the idea that this is the greatest country God has ever given man. Step back and think; where else would you rather be living and what other country affords you the rights and freedoms to grow as an individual? We are an inherently good country, and there is nowhere else I’d rather be.


No comments: